Saturday, May 22, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to french-braid ribbon for a wedding bouquet?

my sister is getting married soon and wants bouquets with french braided handles...help!

Can anyone tell me how to french-braid ribbon for a wedding bouquet?
ok well I will try to describe it but it would be better if I could show you! take the stems of the bouquet and cut about 1 yard of ribbon, at the top of where you want the handle, pull the ribbon around there, and make sure the stems are in the middle of the ribbon. essentially, you will tie a shoe-string knot, twist the ribbons around each other once, then flip the bouquet over and bring the ribbons around and do the same thing to the other side working your way down the bouquet till you are at the bottom of your handle. you can take pearl head corsage pins and insert into the knots to keep them in place and make it prettier, but thats not necessary....like I said, this would be way easier to show you, I worked at a florist 4 two years and I hope this helps....my general experience was that it wasn't really worth the extra trouble cuz your hand covers all of it, but it is pretty!
Reply:here is a little bit that i could find ......hope it helps

buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment