Saturday, May 22, 2010

How Did The Tradition Start Of The Bride Throwing The Bouquet To The Single Women?

I used to be a wedding planner, and this question is always being asked on occasions like this. This was a tradition that started in the late 1900's, in the southern part of the world, i don't know exactly where cause the book didn't say so, they just say that the bride throws the bouquet as a symbol of saying goodbye to being single and also to embrace the new life as a married woman. And single women are supposed to catch it, so they can have the same fate ( to get married...hopefully) as the bride.

How Did The Tradition Start Of The Bride Throwing The Bouquet To The Single Women?
I don't know but I wish it would stop!!! Corralling the single women at a wedding is kind of like putting lemon juice in a paper cut. :-)
Reply:I have no clue how it started just that it took up speed and everyone started doing it.


I always thought this was a degrading act. I have gone to a few weddings and I never stand anyway near that thing...I find it rude. I'm gonna be married in 3 months and a week and I won't be doing it at my wedding.

safety shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment