Sunday, November 15, 2009

How to dry a rose bouquet?

I have a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses that my husband gave me for Valentines Day. So far I've kept them fresh by putting them in the fridge every night and they still look brand new. Now I want to dry them though and use them as decoration in my living room.





I know that usually you are supposed to hang them upside down in a dry, dark place to dry them, but we live in a very humid area (right now the thermometer says the humidity is at 56%).





Would hanging them upside down in a dark place still work or is there some other trick I need to know?





Oh, and FYI, I live in North Africa and we do not have arts and crafts stores here. Any tricks would have to be something simple that I can do at home without having to buy anything special.

How to dry a rose bouquet?
Make a small hole in the bottom of a PAPER grocery bag. Put the stems throught it . The hole should be snug around the stems, leaving about 5-6 inches of stem inside the bag.





Tie the stem base Tightly together by wrapping a shoe lace or something soft around it leaving about a foot or more of line.





Now, touch the open end tips of bag together and put tape to close the top, leaving it roomy inside. You dont want the bag to touch the roses.





Lastly, tie the leftover string to a hanger (the roses will be upside down) and place it somewhere the roses can dry out like in a spare room or unused shower. When they are dry, spray them with aerosol hairpray all around like you would a fresh hairdo and put them in a pretty vase.





How nice of your hubby. Enjoy !!
Reply:hanging them will still work it just might take a lil longer...


No comments:

Post a Comment