Monday, May 11, 2009

Does anyone know how to make a Fruit Bouquet ?

I want to make a fruit boquet for my nieces first birthday. I have gotten the idea from ediblearrangement. I ordered a basket for a co- worker a few weeks ago and it was so cute. The birthday party is at a park and I'm not sure what to put on the fruit to keep it from turning brown. I've done some research and I heard about using lemon juice or pineapple juice but I don't want the whole boquet to taste like lemon or pineapple juice. Does anyone know if I spray it on the fruit or if I did the fruit in the juices before placing them on skewers if they will taste like the juice? Is there some kind of fresh fruit spray I can buy? If so where? Any ideas on making this boquet would be very helpful. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to make a Fruit Bouquet ?
A Fruit Bouquet


Fruit Bouquet


Serving size 30 people





1 Large pineapple wash and trim leaves then cut the bottom to make it level


7 Small oranges pealed and cut in half in a zig-zag pattern


7 Kiwi fruit pealed and cut in half in a zig-zag pattern


20 Large strawberries washed


5 Pounds red grapes remove stems and wash


5 Pounds green grapes remove stems and wash


48 Wooden skewers





Use about 5-6 grapes per skewer using only one color for each skewer. Do this to all the skewers. Leave about 1/2 inch at the end of each skewer for the strawberries, oranges, and kiwi to fit. Push each skewer into the pineapple mixing colors all around. Try not to make the pineapple lopsided so it will not fall over. Then at random place the kiwi, strawberries, and oranges on the end of each skewer making it look like a bouquet of flowers. Some of the skewers may not fit on the pineapple, use your best judgment. You can always add more later.
Reply:I am trying to make one as well.... tips and links are very much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment