Monday, May 11, 2009

Can I use real hibiscus flowers in my bridal bouquet?

I'm not sure if they'll last at all. Do I have to use silk if I want those flowers?

Can I use real hibiscus flowers in my bridal bouquet?
well, my only experience with hibiscus is from the bush I had in my yard. They are absolutely beautiful, but the blooms dont last long. It would bloom in the morning, and the bloom would shrivel up and fall off by evening time. Not sure how they would last in a boquet. You would probably have to put them together the morning of the wedding. you could practice. Get some hibiscus, put them in a small bouqet early in the morning, carry them around for awhile, leave them sitting indoors for awhile, see how well it holds up. Good luck with them, they are sooo beautiful and it would be great if it works for you!
Reply:the hibiscus plant i have its flowers usually only last a few days. i don't see why u can't have them in your bridal bouquet. just don't count on the hibiscus flowers to last as long as the rest. if u are having multiple flowers and congrats!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I realIze this post was from six years ago, but I am wondering if the poster can tell us if she was able to use hibiscus flowers in her bouquet.

    ReplyDelete